Saturday, June 9, 2012

Thank You

This Monday I leave for Miss New York.  The competition will take place in Staten Island next weekend, June 14-16th.  I can't believe I have been Miss Buffalo for NINE MONTHS already!  So far my year has been amazing, I have met so many people who have not only influenced me but changed my life forever.

I am humbled when people share with me their personal stories of abusive relationships and thank me for what I do.  I am truly only confident in myself because you all are.

So the point of this blog is to thank everyone who has effected my life this year.  There are some individuals and groups of people who I would like to thank, if you are not on here please do not be offended, I am running on little sleep!

Jennifer Starkey:   Words can not describe how much your guidance and friendship has meant to me.  When I felt like giving up, you were always there with a swift kick in the behind, a hug and a pair of Alisha Hill's to make it all better.  I am forever indebted to you for the blood, sweat and tears you have put into the Miss Buffalo Organization.

Kim Bowman:   Thank you for knowing how to calm me down and keep me level-headed.  I will never forget our journey to workshop together, you can make me laugh so easily.  Congrats on your new job and I pray that we will never lose touch with each other.

Tom Gleed:   To my ED, thank you for your hard work in making the Miss Buffalo pageant the premier local pageant in Western NY.  Without your love and support I would be lost.

Mom:  Where do I begin.  Eight years ago I competed in my first pageant, soon after I won my first title.  Two of my favorite people were there that day; you and papa.  One year later, when I gave up my crown, only you were there.   You have helped me through that loss and so much more.  Every time I feel lost you have helped me find my voice.  Thank you for always pushing me to be my best but never expecting more and embracing every piece of who I am.  I love you so very much.

Dad:  Although we are far apart you are always there for me.  Thank you for always making time for me to vent and for being one of my biggest advocates.  I am so excited to see you next weekend!  Love you.

Randall:  Many people ask me if it is weird being in graduate school with my stepdad.  My answer is always "heck no!"  I am so happy that I have not only parents but close friends who I can always count on.  Thank you for keeping me sane through all the madness.  Tim Jims =)

Hilbert College:  To my second family, thank you for nurturing me through some of the most challenging years of my life.  I truly wouldn't be who I am today without your eight core values; Service, Compassion, Respect, Joy, Integrity, Vision, Hope and Peace.

Corey Cruppi:  To my Mr. Buffalo, thank you for being a great friend and keeping me tan and sassy!

Russ Hurlbert:  Thank you for making sure my hair is perfect and more importantly fit my personality.  You are truly the best!

Chaybans:  Thank you to Elias and Chaybans formals for always making sure I look my best.  You are too good to me.

Emily:  My best friend.  I have a lot of close friends but it is hard to find girls who truly understand, appreciate and are proud of me for what I do (pageant girls understand this!)  You have been on my team since the day we met, with a shoulder to cry on, a hand to high five and an encouraging word.  Thank you for always pushing me to keep my chin up and never judging me.  I love you more than words can say.

Last but certainly not least, Jesse.  Miss Western NY, my roommate, my friend.  Thank you for being a big sister to me and being supportive no matter what.  I can't wait to make lifelong memories with you this weekend.  Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone when I felt I was on the island of misfit toys.  I love you  too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment