Thursday, September 15, 2011

My name is Lonna, and I am your Miss Buffalo 2012


Hey everyone!  It is a little bit late so I am going to keep this pretty short.  My name is Lonna McCary and September 4th I was crowned Miss Buffalo 2012 at the Buffalo Wing Festival.  I was so excited, surprised, happy and honored to be chosen to represent my hometown at Miss New York State this June.


So I feel that I should tell you a little more about myself.  I am 21 years old (I will be 22 on October 29th), I was born in Virginia because my dad was stationed with the United States Navy there but I have spent most of my life in the rural suburb of of Silver Creek, NY.  I have an amazing boyfriend who is about to commission as a Second LT in the United States Marine Corps.  I also happen to have four brothers, two sisters, two sets of parents, five dogs and a goldfish named Neville Longbottom.  Having ten people in your immediate family makes Christmas shopping a nightmare but it also keeps me surrounded my love and support which I am so grateful for.

I am sure if I wasn't falling asleep I would have much more to tell you about myself but I will leave you with that for now.  It has only been 11 days since I have been crowned and so far things are great.  Although I am very busy with graduate school work, I feel so fortunate to have found an amazing "Dream Team" within my Miss Buffalo Scholarship Organization family.  My Directors and Coordinators keep me grounded and focused and I'm ecstatic that I get to work with them for the next year!


I will be sure to keep you all posted on events and appearances!


Yours,


Lonna McCary XoXo






No comments:

Post a Comment